Where Beauty Meets Perfection
Expert Beauty Tips, Tricks, And Techniques
No matter how well educated you are on beauty, health, and cosmetics, you can always find new tips and tricks to help you in your beauty quest. Here at Age Defying Secrets, we are always re-searching the newest and best tips and trends, and we've got you covered. Enhance your natural beauty with these must-read, professional tips and secrets that I have discovered and accumulated throughout the years.
Looking young doesn't have to be complicated or expensive. We only need to stick to basic anti-aging secrets. This is a must to help you look and feel young without spending so much time and hurting your pocket book. Aging is inevitable. We all like to age gracefully and retain at least some of our youthful appearance. We can't do anything about the natural aging process. However, there are things we can do to keep looking our very best; to look as young as we can for as long as possible.
Sarah At The Age Of 64
A more youthful, glowing complexion truly is within our grasp. All it takes is the desire for healthier skin, proper skin care techniques, responsible life-style choices, and a few minutes each day. You CAN reach your elderly years with glowing, radiant skin and a bright new outlook on life, by simply re-organizing your thoughts and typical way of living.
The Importance Of Beauty Sleep
1.Beauty Sleep - The best anti-aging secret in the world is sleep. Everyone can afford it and everyone can sleep peacefully. Are you getting your beauty sleep? If you're not getting at least 8 - 10 hours of sleep at night, Click Here and follow every step so you can get the rest you need for a younger more radiant you.
2. Sleep On Your Back or on your side with a pillow propped up under your ear. Sleeping with your face pressed against the pillow can cause "sleep lines" that, over the years, can turn into wrinkles. Men tend to get sleep creases on the side of the forehead (depending on which side they snooze on), and women tend to get them on the cheeks. It may be a hard habit to break, but if you can train yourself to sleep on your back or with your ear propped on a pillow, you will end up with fewer facial lines.
Anti Wrinkle Gold Serum
3. Use A Highly Active Serum! Anti Wrinkle Gold Serum is my TOP secret. This AMAZING Skin Firming Serum tightens and conditions like no other. If you want firmer, more beautiful skin, this is your answer. I have been using this incredible serum for almost 20 years and have found nothing that compares. It is long lasting and keeps on working.
4. Proper Skin Care - As time passes, our skin changes. It becomes loose, thinner, drier and wrinkled, and slower to rejuvenate. The wrinkles occur mainly as a result of the rupture of the elastin fibers and the decreasing production of collagen fibers in the dermis but the diminishing of the fatty cells play a role in this as well as the decreasing bonds between the outer epithelial layer of the skin and the inner mesodermic layer. The main factors that produce the damage are sunlight, smoking, pollution, muscle use, inadequate diet, lack of sleep, stress, genetic background, and the lowering of hormonal levels at menopause.
Your skin is actually an organ -- the largest organ in the body. One of the main functions of your skin is to keep out harmful bacteria, debris, and parasites. Dry, cracked skin is not able to adequately repel germs, leaving your body very susceptible to infections. Proper skin care is essential to a healthy body. Quality Skin Care Products help to replace lost moisture and nutrients that are essential in keeping your skin intact. A good quality highly active product can reduce skin drooping and wrinkling.
Quality Skin Care Products can be your first line of defense against illness.
5. Use Good Quality Moisturizers. The use of Quality Moisturizing creams is essential for the well-being of the skin because they keep it elastic, healthy and protected. All skin types need Quality Moisturizing Products to ensure the correct moisture balance and to protect the skin. A great anti-aging moisturizer, when applied properly, will provide continuous hydration - essential for mature skin - and protection from free radical damage. Choose the best anti-aging moisturizer you can find. Make sure it has high levels of proven effective active ingredients to reverse the aging process and reduce wrinkles. Try Sarah's Pearl Cream which is Enriched with vitamin A, B, C, and E, and Hyaluronic Acid.
A tip from the eternal Joan Collins! Apply moisturizer constantly. She apparently keeps a jar beside each basin to apply it as much as possible when she is at home. Her skin is truly fantastic so that's a tip worth listening to!
6. Use A Good Facial Cleanser. Dermatologists have found that washing your face with water alone will not effectively get rid of the fat-soluble, sticky dirt and oil that our skin produces throughout the day and during sleep. Fortunately, cleansers can do the job. Most cleansers have a gentle formula that works to efficiently loosen dirt particles from the skin's surface, leaving the pores exposed and the skin fresh after washing.
7. Exfoliate Your Skin. If you want your skin to look healthy and radiant, exfoliate regularly. Exfoliation is one of the best renewal processes for your skin. It helps to shed the top layer of dead skin cells, unclog pores, makes skin more receptive to moisturizer and improves the look and feel of your skin. By removing the top layer of dead epidermis cells, your skin will be smoother and less wrinkled. Pearl Powder is the Ultimate Exfoliate; it removes dead skin naturally and perfectly.
Exfoliation is the step most people skip in their weekly skincare routine. But if you properly exfoliate your skin, you will notice an immediate difference. According to Berg, one of the reasons men's skin looks more youthful than women's is because men tend to exfoliate daily when they shave.
Apply creams containing Sodium Hyaluronate, Hyaluronate Acid, and Alpha Hydroxy. This will continue the exfoliating process because the acids further abrade and remove dead skin cells.
Don't Over Exfoliate! Dermatologists caution that the over use of exfoliating products can leave the skin dry, red, irritated and more vulnerable to sun damage. You should not use exfoliating products such as AHA products or facial scrubs more than twice a week. Exfoliating your skin once or twice a week with Pearl Powder keeps skin glowing year-round. Make sure you use a gentle scrub with tiny grains. Big grains in cheap scrubs can tear skin and cause more harm than good.
High Quality Pearl Powder
The Perfect Exfoliate.
Gentle And Effective
Pearl Powder is an excellent exfoliant, and should be in included in your microdermabrasion skin care regime. This is gentle to the skin, yet exfoliates perfectly and leaves your skin powder puff soft, and luminous. This is the only exfoliate I use, none other can compare.
8. Before Going To Bed Use A Deep, Enriched Moisturizer. Research has confirmed that our skins ability to absorb active ingredients from skin care products is greatest at night. This makes bed time the best time to nourish your skin with anti aging properties. I suggest using a highly concentrated Vitamin C Serum. Vitamins C Serum replenishes the skin naturally, and plumps, super-hydrates and leaves your skin firm, supple, and taut.
9. Nourish Your Skin From Within - Drink Milk. Milk does a body good. I drink at least a half gallon of 2% milk a day. Milk is the key to strong bones, and healthy body and silky skin. According to the National Academy of Sciences, children and adults should drink 24 oz. of milk each day. Teens should drink even more - at least 32 oz. of milk a day. Milk is good for the skin because of its hydrating properties, which promote moisture and prevents dryness. It helps reduce skin darkening brought about by the wear and tear of aging. Milk contains essential proteins and amino acids, and vitamin A that nourish skin.
Milk is rich in beta-hydroxyl acids that act as natural skin conditioners; these conditioners exfoliate old skin, soothe and soften, producing smooth, glowing skin. Another important nutrient in milk is lactic acid, which helps to gently clean and soften skin. Lactic acid is great for stimulating skin cell renewal. Modern laboratories now know why milk worked wonders for Cleopatra's skin: The lactic acid in milk is an alpha-hydroxyl acid, a natural substance that dissolves the glue holding dead skin cells together. Milk has been proven to cleanse the skin down to its deepest layers.
10. Hide those bags and dark circles. - Under eye bags can be caused or hastened by lack of sleep, water retention, poor nutrition, and hard living.
For Bags: Use a cold compress for 10 - 15 minutes, one to two times daily. This will help for a short period of time. Keeping the swelling down will slow down the development of larger bags, it will lessen the stress and stretching your skin endures each day. Drink plenty of water, get adequate rest and exercise, avoid alcohol, and eat a balanced diet. Deal with your stress face to face. Before you retire, use a serum under your eyes, not a cream.
Cinderella Skin-Tight Serum will tighten up those bags. You will see an immediate difference.
For Circles: Concealer is the most effective tool for hiding dark under-eye circles. First, apply a shimmer-containing cream to reflect light. Then, apply a light layer of light-based concealer one shade lighter than your skin directly to the blue rings. A salmon colored concealer works best - This neutralizes the dark colors. Blend from the inside corner of your eye to the outside until the concealer is completely blended with your skin.
Sarah Age The Age Of 70
11. Eat a Healthy Balanced Diet. - Anti aging and food are closely related. Metabolism varies from person to person, so it is very important to be aware of how your eating habits affect your body. Most nutritionists agree that the best way to fight the negative effects of aging is with a proper antiaging nutrition plan and a proper diet. But they also agree that changing the eating habits of a person is one of the most difficult things to do, specially having a fast food restaurant every three or four blocks. Nutritionists recommend starting changing your habits little by little.
Being aware of the daily nutritional values your body requires would be a good start. If possible, also start taking a variety of essential vitamins and minerals, use supplements for missing proteins and nutrients. Take a vitamin D3 supplement daily, and eat a wide variety of foods to gain more nutritional values within. A well-balanced diet is the most important step you can take to fight aging.
12. Eat Fruits and Vegetables - To fend off the hands of time, you should try to consume at least eight servings of fruits and vegetables each day (two at every meal and two as snacks). Fruits and vegetables are gold mines of longevity-enhancing compounds called antioxidants; these include vitamins C and E and beta carotene. Antioxidants combat free radicals, oxygen fragments that attack and damage cell membranes, life-sustaining proteins and even our cells' genetic code, and in so doing bring about aging and disease.
Diets rich in antioxidants prevent disease and premature aging. Antioxidants also stimulate the immune system and protect the nervous system and brain from the oxidative damage associated with age-related memory loss. A 1993 Harvard School of Public Health study found that adults who supplemented daily with at least 100 IU of vitamin E for at least two years had up to a 40 percent reduction in heart-disease risk.
13. Make Calcium Part of Your Daily Life - The National Cancer Research Institute (NCRI) has done exhaustive study of the functions of calcium within the skin. They observed that people with low skin calcium content experience greater premature aging of the skin and greater incidence of skin cancer. People with high skin calcium content experience less premature skin aging and less incidence of skin cancer. Topical calcium products provide anti-aging benefits and enhance skin cancer protection. Calcium is an extremely powerful tool for skin rejuvenation.
Women, in particular, should be aware that their calcium intake should increase as they age to prevent osteoporosis: According to the National Institutes of Health, during the middle years, 1,000 mg each day is adequate; 1,200 mg after menopause if you're on hormone replacement therapy; 1,500 mg if you are not on HRT. (During adolescence, girls should take 1,200 mg to 1,300 mg.)
However, store bought calcium pills cause calcification that can result in the hardening of tissue. Dead and degenerated tissues can also be affected. The results: joint pain, arthritis, kidney stones, cardiovascular problems, cataracts, cellulite, and cancer! Scientific studies show that Pearl Powder is the finest source of calcium available. Pearl Powder is all natural and does not cause calcium build up.
14. Take Vitamins and Minerals - Hydrate Your Skin Inside and Out! To defy wrinkles completely, you will need vitamins. Take antioxidants and vitamins such as green tea, and vitamins, especially D3, A, B, C and E all of which are excellent for creating healthy younger skin. Vitamins For Skin will help you in your quest for defying the aging process.
15. Avoid Looking Down At Your Computer Screen - Wrinkles are simply a crease in your skin and looking down causes wrinkles. Bring the screen up to eye level or lower your office chair so you are looking up, and keep your shoulders erect.
16. Exercise is an important step to anti aging health and is one of the best ways to combat the effects of aging. People that have sedentary lifestyles tend to age faster than active people. If you work in an office the whole day, try to go for a walk after lunch, use the stairs to get to your office, ride your bike to work, or just park your car a few blocks away. Steady moderate exercise that works all the muscles of the body and works on your cardiovascular health is vitally important in terms of combating aging and staying healthy overall.
17. Stay Active. Activity improves mood and cognition. Regular activity (three times each week for about half an hour), keeps us lean and fit. Choose an activity that suits you. If you have arthritis in your hips or knees, choose a non-weight bearing activity like cycling, rowing or swimming. Start low and go slow. Build fitness gradually. There are two types of exercises: aerobic low strain repetitive activity like walking or cycling. This builds fitness. Then there is exercise to build strength. Both are beneficial because they increase fitness and strength.
18. Don't Pierce Your Lips, Frown Your Brow, Squint Your Eyes - Frown lines and brow furrows don't just happen - you cause them by making repeated facial movements. All those ugly faces we make, weather it be from pain, struggle, frustration, or at others, another wrinkle must be dealt with. Sit in front of the mirror and see what happens when you frown or wrinkle your brow. Chances are you are doing this a lot without realizing it. Learn to recognize the sensation. Then hold you face still without frowning and wrinkling. Practice keeping your face still during the day - at first you'll have to think about it and then it will come entirely naturally. Not only will you look better and feel much more positive but you'll gradually remove the wrinkles and create smoother skin - without having to go under the knife!
19. Stand Up Straight, Shoulders Back, Stomach In, Head Erect. Such wise words came straight from my mother's mouth. Put a book on your head and walk gracefully around your house. Slouching and poor posture makes way for saggy skin to invade your entire body, not to mention a bad back.
20. Be Confident - The more confidence you have in yourself, the more confidence you'll have in your appearance, thus the more enjoyment you will get from life. But never look down on anyone. Remember, head up, or guess what???
21. Keep a Positive Mental Attitude. Stress can increase oil production in the skin (via cortisol overexposure) - leading to clogged pores and an environment suitable for bacteria overgrowth. In addition, cortisol overexposure can increase inflammation, leading to greater redness of acne eruptions".
Life offers wonderful opportunities at every turn. Keep laughing and keep wondering. Stand back and don't let the daily hassles grind you down. It's too easy to become angry and cynical. There are millions of reasons not to do things. We have to get up each day and try again. Keep searching. Stop and smell the roses. Accept. Be grateful for what you already have. Enjoy.
22. Pamper Yourself - Take time out for yourself. Life can be stressful causing unwanted frown lines and wrinkles. Do something special for yourself. Give yourself a Spa Bath in candlelight...have a spa day, get a massage, manicure or a new hair style. Do something different for a change, something you've always wanted to do...go on a trip...take a balloon ride...go out for dinner. Get away from it all and when you return you will feel refreshed, ready to start anew. By yourself a bouquet of fresh flowers and have them delivered to your work, signed, "Your Best Friend". Learn to love yourself where ever you are at this time in your life, and love others too. That is the key to illuminating an inner glow that will shine though and lift up every part of your body, Yes, even your saggy skin.
23. Tighten Up With Hair Extensions - Years ago someone said, "When you put your hair up in a pony tail tight, it tightens the skin on your face". Try it if your hair is long enough. See! Okay, so you don't like your hair in a pony tail. That's okay, I have a solution for you. Today there are a variety of adorable hair pieces that simply clip onto your natural hair and it makes life so much simpler. All you have to do is put your hair in a pony tail, clip on your adorable hair piece and "Walla", looks like you've been at the beauty parlor all day. I have several pieces and the compliments are amazing. Get one and try it. It's fun, it's easy, and what a Wonderful Difference it makes.
24. Makeup Tip - Wasting your money on expensive makeup to no avail? Maybelline Instant Age Rewind, Radiant Firming Makeup takes 5 years off the look of your skin, and I myself love the way it covers so flawlessly. The cost is around $8.99. So put your money back in your pocketbook and try this wonderful and very affordable liquid makeup. I can assure you, you'll be glad you did.
25. Take Care Of Your Teeth. If you don't take care of your teeth, they will rot and poison your body. Your eyes and your smile are the two features people see first. A big, white, healthy smile is one of the best ways to make a great first impression, and when your teeth look good, you will feel good.
26. Use a humidifier in your bedroom at night. You will wake up with less fine lines, and plumper, more hydrated looking skin. No need for a big fancy one, a small bedside humidifier will do wonders.
27. Eat Protein! Protein is vital as it supplies the amino acids which are the building blocks for your entire body - from blood cells to tissue. Amino acids have to be eaten as they are not made by the body. Eat fish, lean meat, milk, eggs etc. Pearl Powder is rich in protein, it is actually a protein powder, which will feed your body well. Add it to your juice, yogurt, pudding, milk, whatever you like, the ways are endless.
28. Add Pearl Powder To Your Cosmetics. Pearl Powder is the #1 beauty cosmetic ingredient in the industry. And when you add it to your lotions and cream, it enhances their ability to remove flaws and wrinkles, and to soften your skin and give it the radiant glow it needs.
29. Add Oil To Your Makeup Mix a drop of essential oil or olive oil into your foundation for super dewy skin and to keep your makeup from cracking.
30. Skin Care Tip. When applying your skincare, apply from the thinnest first, then the thickest, and your serums before your moisturizing cream!
31. Pray Often - Prayer has proven to be the best anti-aging agent in the world today. So pray often and ask for peace because a peaceful life keeps the face wrinkle free.
For more anti aging tips, go to: Anti-Aging-Secrets-For-A Younger-More-Beautiful-You.htm
Dehydration In The Elderly
**The text contained in this web site is for informational purposes and is not meant to be a substitute for the advice provided by your own physician, dermatologist or medical professional. The information contained herein is not intended for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease.
CopyrightŠAge Defying Secrets, All Rights Reserved